Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Stepping up to the plate

This is the first post of my blog. I plan to use this as a platform for writing about various subjects, probably more about sports than anything. Hence the baseball reference in the title of this post.

I have been a Tampa Bay Rays fan since the team had "devil" in its name. Although I probably shouldn't be biased toward any team as someone who aspires to be a journalist someday, I am happy to report that the Rays beat the Cincinnati Reds tonight on a walk-off home run by Evan Longoria. The slugger's batting statistics have been less than stellar since returning from the disabled list, which has been a while now. He recently ditched his batting gloves and decided to hit with flesh on wood. I don't think I want to know how that would feel. But Longoria put the gloves back on and hit the game-winner, so it's a good sign that he might be getting back into his normal groove - with the appropriate gear on.

No comments:

Post a Comment